North Channel is seeking an Associate Veterinarian to join our practice located in Houston, Texas.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Doctor who enjoys practicing all disciplines of veterinary medicine.
The Associate Veterinarian—under the guidance of the Medical Director and with the support of the Regional Medical Director—carries out our promise to our clients: making their pet’s health our top priority and excellent service our goal.
The Associate Veterinarian educates clients on, advocates for and strives to deliver the highest quality medical, surgical, dental and nutritional diagnostics, treatment, and preventative care to companion animals.
* A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university.
* Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
* The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members.
* A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
* Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
* Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
* Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
* Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings and complete at least 30 hours of accredited CE per year.
* Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
* Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Benefits We reward leadership and excellence with:
* Highly competitive base salary
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Life Insurance
* Bonus Program
* 401(k) plan
* Paid Vacation and Sick Time
* Paid Holidays
* Continuing Education Allowance
* Career Growth Opportunities
* In-house Training If you are looking for a career adventure and an opportunity for unmatched personal growth, we want to hear from you.
Internal Number: 2651
About North Channel Animal Hospital
Our Why: For the love of animals and the people who love them.
Our Mission: To improve the comfort and well-being of pets by providing progressive and compassionate care. We develop a community of animal hospitals and pet resorts that share knowledge to achieve sustainable growth.
Our Values: We value teamwork, integrity, service excellence, innovation and goal orientation.