The purpose of this position is to maintain animal health by diagnosing and treating diseases and injuries.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Valid and in good standing licensed veterinarian within the state of the clinic/ hospital you are applying for.
• Privilege and DEA licenses.
• Knowledge of principles, theories and practices of veterinary medicine and science. Knowledge of the procedures used for receiving, treating, and scheduling patients, for ordering medical supplies, and requesting laboratory tests.
• The associate must possess the mental and emotional health required for full utilization of his or her intellectual abilities, the exercise of good judgment, the prompt completion of all responsibilities and responsibilities attendant to the diagnosis and care of patients, and the development of mature, sensitive and effective relationships with clients and the health care team.
• Ability to read and interpret documents, including federal and state regulations, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, medical texts.
• Ability to write reports and correspondences.
• Knowledge of the use, care, and storage of veterinary instruments, materials, and equipment including sterilization techniques for various instruments and materials.
• Medicine and Dentistry — Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat injuries, diseases, and deformities. This includes symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and preventive health-care measures.