The Pet Wellness Center of Southern Illinois is looking to hire a full or part time veterinary technician. We offer competitive pay as well as full benefits. Our clinic focuses on personal growth and development as well as a work-life balance in a mentoring environment. Team members are respected for their ideas and skill set. The perfect candidate would be someone with a positive, go-getter attitude that is looking to better their skills as a veterinary technician and can bring new ideas to the clinic as well. New graduates are welcomed and encouraged to apply!
- Assisting a doctor in surgical procedures
- Assisting a doctor in appointments
- Basic nursing responsibilities including but not limited to; IV catheter placement,venipuncture,lab work, and routine injections.
- Interacting w/ clients in person and on the phone
- Veterinary clinical experience preferred
- Associates in Veterinary Technology or working toward degree required (Must show proof at interview)
- Ability to lift up to 30-40lbs without assistance
About Pet Wellness Center of Southern Illinois
The Pet Wellness Center of Southern Illinois is an AAHA accredited, Certified Feline Friendly, multi-doctor practice offering the highest quality veterinary medicine in the South Central Illinois region since 1988. We operate out of a new 4200 square foot hospital that is fully equipped with state of the art digital radiology, dental radiology, a pharmacy, laser therapy, ultrasound, endoscopy, a beautiful surgery suite, a fully integrated IDEXX software system, as well as, IDEXX in-house blood machines, and a great support staff of assistants and technicians. We pride ourselves on a low-stress environment with a strong emphasis on personal growth, mentoring, and client interaction. Through daily discussion, doctor case rounds, and consultations with specialists, we strive to offer the best veterinary care available.