The Research Veterinarian has an essential role supporting the broader mission of ICBiotec and will serve as a dedicated resource responsible to ensure adequate veterinary care by developing and supervising programs in preventative, diagnostic and therapeutic medicine, including examining animals, diagnosing and prescribing appropriate therapy, medical treatments or special conditioning requirements, and assessing herd health status.
The successful applicant will be responsible for providing direction to technical staff involved in daily care and clinical oversight/support for research animals, assisting investigators to develop and optimize both surgical and non-surgical animal models; participating in disease diagnosis and experimentation and training staff to gain access and work in a biosecure environment.
To efficiently perform all required procedures assigned by ICBiotec, an eGenesis company.
To assist ICBiotec personnel in all Veterinary Science Department activities, work collaboratively with the institution’s Attending Veterinarian, and follow the line of communication established at ICBiotec, reporting directly to the Chief Scientific Officer (CSO) - eGenesis-WI.
To abide by all eGenesis policies and procedures relevant to this position.
As a Clinical Veterinarian:
· Perform research on neonate and adult animals in the pursuit of preventing, diagnosing, and treating disease.
· Maintain ICBiotec pig herd health by vaccination, diagnosing, and treating diseases and injuries.
· Determine the nature of disease or injury through observation and laboratory analysis.
· Restore animal health by treating pigs surgically or medically.
· Document actions by completing and updating forms, reports, and animal medical records.
As a Veterinary Pathologist:
· Perform biopsy and post-mortem exams (necropsy).
· Collect and prepare samples for laboratory tests.
· Analyze lab test results.
· Determine the cause of death.
As a Veterinary Surgeon:
· Routinely, perform laparotomic embryo transfer, and cesarean section.
· Vascular access port implantation.
· Any curative surgery.
On assisted reproductive technology (ART) area:
· Pregnancy check via ultrasonography.
Coordinate all activities related to physiology studies and other research that involves animal health.
Oversee the animal health/medical record database.
Participate in department, division, and other meetings as requested.
Promote and adhere to safety in the workplace.
· Instruct workers to follow safe work practices and enforce health and safety regulations.
· Promote safety awareness.
· Correct unsafe acts and conditions and ensure equipment is properly maintained.
· Report and investigate all accidents/incidents.
· Inspect your own area and take remedial action to minimize or eliminate hazards.
· Complete required training assignments, forms, and other paperwork.
Perform other duties and assume other responsibilities as assigned.
About Huckleberry Farms LLC
eGenesis is focused on developing groundbreaking innovation to solve huge medical needs. Our best-in-class team brings together renowned scientific and academic leadership to relentlessly work towards our goal of making xenotransplantation a reality.
eGenesis invites the most inventive, talented and passionate achievers to join us as we strive to make a difference in patients’ lives. We are building a world class team and we are looking for people that are committed to working together in a collaborative, rigorous and entrepreneurial culture.
eGenesis is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we offer competitive compensation, along with a comprehensive benefits package.