Southern Colorado Veterinary Internal Medicineisrecruiting for a unique position to provide assessments for our established patients and clients and to initiate care to select approved referral cases. This is a non-boarded role within an internal medicine practice.
This role is for you if you love caring for pets with the most challenging diagnoses and supporting dedicated clients- and want to do so with the direct support of specialists. We are creating this position to increase our patients’ access to needed reassessments when their primary specialist is unavailable. This role will also receive and provide initial care for approved referrals to facilitate access to specialty care. You will provide a range of professional veterinary duties, including but not limited to diagnostic procedures and treatment decisions. Considerable independent judgment is used to make decisions in carrying out assignments under the supervision of a board certified specialist, having a significant impact on service.
We have been the leading small animal Internal Medicine and Oncology Specialty practice in southern Colorado for over 20 years and we have over 100 years of specialty experience to share. We know the success of this role will rely on strong mentorship and collaboration through case-sharing. Our amazing team is composed of 6 board-certified internists, 3 board-certified oncologists and 30 more support staff. You will truly be part of this team.
- Salary range $120,000- $160,000, dependent on experience
- Full Time (4-10s or 5-8s), no weekends
- Health Insurance
- 401(k) with partial match
- CE, Dues and License Allowance
- Smart systems to value your time (ezyVet, SmartFlowSheet)
- Dedication to our team to create long-term opportunities and success
Why Colorado Springs?
- Great community: downtown, mountain or rural living
- Don’t believe us? US World and News Report’s ranked the Springs as the 2nd on their Best Places to Live 2022 (and 1st for their Most Desirable)
- All the best of Colorado views and sun without the high-priced hype!
- Average rent: 40% less than Boulder, 25% lower than Denver
NVA Overview:NVA is a growing community of general practice clinics, emergency hospitals, equine practices, specialty hospitals, and pet resorts across five countries. Our doctors and pet care teams share best practices, medical knowledge, innovation, and insights. This collaborative approach allows each individual practice and pet resort to do what they do best: service their local community with compassionate, best-in-class care and medicine, to enhance the lives of the animals they love while backed by the support, stability, and leadership of NVA.
Looking for qualified candidates to fill openings in a variety of private and corporate practices across the US. This may include, DVM/VMD of all levels of experience, as well as technicians, assistants, administrative and customer service team members.